1. What Information We Collect About You
We may ask for information about you when you ask for or use our MyLocal.Town App.
The information we collect and hold about you may include:
- any information you or your mobile phone transmits to us when you use the Service.
- your search criteria, including businesses and locations searched
- your location information
- any other information you may give us when you write to us or contact us in other ways.
2. How We Will Use Information We Collect About You
When you download and use MyLocal.Town App, we include a unique identifier (associated with your mobile phone) in all search requests sent from MyLocal.Town App. We need this information in order to protect data and to administer the service. We may also use it for internal purposes including market research. When you use MyLocal.Town App, we will keep details of your search terms, map locations requested, route start and end points and the time and date of any calls you make to businesses that you've found using the service.
We use this information to analyse how people use our MyLocal.Town App and to improve our products and services. If you use our MyLocal.Town App location-based services, we may use your location information to provide the services you have requested and other information we think may interest you.
Every now and again, we may ask you for your opinion on our products and services.
3. Who We Share Your Personal Information With
We may need to share your information with other organisations to provide you with the services you ask for. However, we will not give your information to other organisations for them to use for their own business purposes (marketing or otherwise).
We may pass your information to one or more of the following organisations:
- other companies in the Apps To Life Limited group
- third party suppliers who provide data processing and other services for Apps To Life Limited;and
- research students, universities and other research and development organisations
This Service contains features that rely on third parties. In using such features your personal information may be used in accordance with the privacy policies of those third parties.
4. Where We Process Your Personal Information
When we use your information, this may occasionally involve sending your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Where we do this, we make sure that appropriate steps are taken to protect your personal information and your rights. By providing us with your personal information, you agree that we may transfer, store and process your information outside the EEA.
5. How We Keep Your Information Secure
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We have put in place technology and security policies which are designed to protect the personal information that we hold about you. We also follow the strict security procedures that privacy laws require. These cover storing, using and releasing any information you have provided, and preventing unauthorised access or use.
6. What Rights You Have
You have the right to see information we hold about you, with some exceptions, which are described in the privacy laws. If you would like a copy of your personal information, you should contact us. You will need to pay a processing fee of £10.